Biographical Sketch - Charlotte Schwab, Ph.D.
Charlotte Schwab, Ph.D.,
Psychotherapist (25 years), lecturer,
seminar and workshop leader; Ericksonian hypnosis certification; Jewish Healing
Center, Manhattan Certificate; Post Graduate training and
Certificates, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, College of Physicians
and Surgeons, of Columbia University; mind, body, spiritual approach; The Schwab
Total Method: Cognitive/Mind/Body/Spiritual Conscious, Connected Breathing.
- Counseling women victims/survivors of sexual harassment, verbal,
emotional, physical abuse and clergy sexual misconduct utilizing Judaic
sources; counseling wives and former wives of clergy; helping women and men
create healthy relationships; 12 step counseling, including overeaters; grief
counseling; overcoming anxiety, fear, depression; OCD; motivation, goal
setting, and achievement
- Former professor, Hunter College, C.U.N.Y. - Sociology, Social Psychology,
Women's Studies, Graduate Social Work
- Guest Faculty and Keynoter, Hebrew Union College
- Lecturer, Seminar Leader: Jewish Theological Seminary, Union of American
Hebrew Congregations, Albert Einstein Medical College, Long Island Jewish
Hospital, American Psychological Association: sexual harassment, depression,
rabbinic sexual misconduct, gender roles, communication skills, Achieving
Positive Self Identity and Self Defined Success (PSI/SDS).
- Conducting research and writing on rabbinic sexual misconduct; published
book, Sex, Lies, and Rabbis: Breaking a Sacred Trust.
seminars and educational programs about clergy sexual misconduct and
how to develop policies and processes to stop it, heal from it (victims,
families, synagogues, communities) for synagogues, churches, interfaith
organizations, and Jewish organizations.
- Appearing on national television and radio all over the country.
- Public speaking at organizations such as Jewish Family Service, KOLOT,
JWI, Hadassah, ORT, JCC's, NCJW, public libraries.
Selected publications and papers:
- "A Training Model for Gynecologists and Psychiatrists: Rape Trauma
Syndrome" Mt Sinai Hospital
- "Values and Therapy: How To Choose A Therapist" in Susan Friedman, et. al.
eds., A Woman's Guide To Therapy: Prentice Hall.
- "Feminist Therapy, Why is it in such Demand?" Montefiore Hospital/North
Central Bronx Departments of Psychiatry
- "Effective Communication Skills, Introducing a New Model: VECAM "
- "Communication and Negotiation Skills for Women in Business and the
Professions" WTIC Hartford.
- "Self-Esteem and Success" New York Gotham
- "Helping Women Attain PositiveSelf-Identity and Self-Defined Success,"
American Psychological Association.
- "Men and Women: Power, Spirituality and Communication" New York Open
- "Ethics for Rabbis: Avoiding Sexual Misconduct" Jewish Theological
- "Acheiving Success in the '90's" Ask Corporate Women.
- "Victims of Sexual Abuse by Rabbis Suffer Their Own and Community Denial:
A Psychotherapist Gives Seven Steps for Recovery." A Paper Presented with a
Seminar at the Jewish Theological Seminary, New York.
Back to Home Page